About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Aleah's Rant #3

FINALS ARE OVER! Praise God! Finals week always makes me a nervous wreck. I wish I knew how to lower my adrenalin, but for some reason it takes over, and I lose my flippin mind. The stress is over, and now, no matter what the grade, it's done.

Prior to finals week, I had "A"s in both classes. The Lord only knows what my grades will be when this is over. I worried, and stressed, and then, I worked really hard to make my final projects as perfect as I could get them. "Please Lord, let me keep my "A"s."

Now, it's time to get ready for my trip to the East Coast to visit my family. I've been in Seattle for a year, and although I like it here, I miss my kids, grandchildren, and family terribly. I'll be taking 2 months off from school to "get my life straight", and then it's back to the books.

As soon as I get back from the SE, I've got to find a job. Anyone know anyone in the Seattle area who is hiring??? Yeah... There are lots of jobs here, but for some reason, the right job is eluding me. I've applied for a ton of jobs, but no bites yet. I've made more changes to my resume than and baby has it's diaper changed.

I've got to get out and meet more people. Once someone gets to know me, they'll realize what a smart cookie I am, and recommend me for a job. ;) I'm definitely not a boaster, but I know when I'm good at something.

So my roommate, her son, and I have decided to start a little side business. I just happen to be quiet skilled at crocheting items. If you know me, you already know this. Now that my roommate has perfected her technique, we're going to crochet items to sale on Craigslist. At a later date, we're going to create a web presence for our business. Who knows, one thing or another will take off eventually. The key is to keep trying. Right?

Until something else weighs heavy on my mind... Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment